Hazardous Material Spill or Release
In the event of a hazardous material emergency, building evacuation is necessary.
When the fire alarm sounds:
- Evacuate the building via the nearest exit
- Go to the predetermined meeting area for your building
The fire alarm should be pulled and 911 called from a safe phone for additional assistance, for any of the following:
- Visible smoke, heavy odor of smoke or evidence of fire
- Uncontained release of hazardous gas
- Uncontained spill of hazardous liquids
Hazardous materials either released or spilled into the environment require a targeted response. Please consult the appropriate resources before taking action.